- Announcement Title Java Developer, Oracle VM Server Virtualization
Oracle VM for x86 is a free server virtualization and management solution that makes enterprise applications easier to deploy, manage, and support. Oracle VM provides benefits beyond server consolidation to directly address the growing operational expenses associated with enterprise applications. This new version includes many improvements to simplify and automate network and storage configuration, and includes new policies to deliver application resource flexibility.
Oracle VM is an enterprise class virtualization solution based on the Xen hypervisor, and a key component of Oracle’s desktop to datacenter strategy. Oracle VM can create large, scalable, reliable, datacenter and cloud computing environments that are readily managed with Oracle VM Manager or Oracle Enterprise Manager. Oracle VM supports both Oracle and non-Oracle applications and offers customers scalable, low-cost server virtualization backed by Oracle’s world-class support.
Implement and patch a web-based user interface using Oracle ADF-11 Java technology for managing large-scale datacenters and creating virtualization and cloud solutions. Primary languages are java and python.
Enjoy debugging code and solving problems? OracleVM is looking for engineers who are interested in debugging and patching the Oracle's Server Virtualization product. Much of our work is customer-driven, though it does not often involve direct interaction with customers. The main focus of our development revolves around the Java Core, core APIs, webservices, and python communications agent. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are essential to break down the complex issues we see involving manager and virtual machine interaction. Sustaining engineers are encouraged to work on and contribute to development projects.
- Expert fluency with Java, experience with Eclipse
- Advanced knowledge of object oriented programming
- Oracle ADF11 or expert fluency with other Web Toolkits such as GWT (Google Web Toolkit).
- Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- You will also work with the Oracle VM Server and Agent, so the following are helpful but not essential.
- Advanced fluency in python
- Knowledge of XMLRPC or similar interface.
- Experience working with UNIX kernels, Xen hypervisor, or other Operating Systems experience
- Operational knowledge of Enterprise Linux distributions (Oracle, Red Hat, CentOS, SuSE).
Knowledge of bash, perl, and/or python
- Create Date: 2012-04-26 14:57:05 CDT