- Announcement Title Java Developer(s)
Kiva Systems was recently named the 23rd Most Innovative Company in the World! (http://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2012/kiva-systems). We are a game-changing, rapidly growing, Boston-area robotics and automation software company that is revolutionizing the way Fortune 500 companies move, store, sort, and manage their inventory around the world. The Kiva Mobile Fulfillment System enlists fleets of mobile robots to automate distribution centers, dramatically increasing
productivity, flexibility, and throughput by enabling organizations to optimize their operations. Kiva brings the same algorithms that enable businesses to manage their data in the virtual world to the way they manage their inventory in the physical world. Our customers are brand name retail, medical device, and e-commerce companies who distribute world-class products worldwide. Kiva is looking for talented, mature and motivated individuals who thrive in a start-up like, fast paced development organization. You will be part of a highly talented team.
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in complex enterprise software. He/she must have good communication skills and enjoy problem solving both independently and in team settings. Further, this candidate would be familiar with fast growing companies and the associated deadlines and high-energy culture that go along with launching new products. You will be challenged intellectually and have a good time while you are doing it! The technical environment includes Java, XML, MySQL Linux, multi-threading, soft real-time development, and algorithm development.
The Software Engineers will be responsible for:
• Implementation and delivery of quality software as part of the Kiva Mobile Fulfillment System
• Interaction with Product Line Management and Architecture teams in determining requirements and design for new features
• Documentation, design, implementation and unit test of software modules with-in the Kiva MFS
• Supporting QA, deployment and post-release maintenance
The Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• BS or MS in Computer Science
• 3+ years' experience developing object oriented software with Java or C++
• Experience designing and implementing highly available, enterprise class soft real-time systems
• Outstanding demonstrated problem solving skills
• Experience with one or more of the following technologies is a plus:
o Spring, JMS, JDBC, JAXB, JUnit, XML, JBoss, Hibernate
• Experience developing scalable software which can manage thousands of concurrent activities. Experience with state machines and algorithms, a plus
• Strong personality but even-keeled. Able to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Create Date: 2012-06-12 11:14:17 CDT