Come join our world class software development team! Retail Business Services is an independent Ahold Delhaize USA company supporting the brands Stop & Shop, Peapod, Hannaford Bros, Giant Food, GIANT, MARTIN’S and Food Lion. We are looking for smart and passionate developers to help us create innovative solutions for providing our customers with a second to none shopping experience. As a company, we strive to be number one in all of our operating markets and delighting our shoppers with innovative and intuitive web, mobile and in-store applications. Our applications incorporate a wide range of current and new technologies, so you will have ample opportunity to grow your technical skills. We offer some amazing benefits, a diverse culture with many sub/special interest groups were proud to offer our team members a very collaborative community where you have the opportunity to make an impact and present your ideas. We also offer a 10% skills stipend on top of a 15% annual bonus based upon performance.
Customer Relationship Management:
· B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Masters Degree a plus
· 5-8 years of software development experience
Required Skills and Experience:
· Solid experience with core Java 7 and 8
· Solid experience with JUnit, TDD and general unit testing concepts
· Solid experience with Gherkin, BDD and general functional testing concepts
· Solid experience with Java-base MVC framework, ideally Spring
· Strong understanding of RESTful and SOAP web services
· Proven history of developing and maintaining high quality software products
· Experience with SQL and Relational Databases
· Ability to manage aggressive timelines and budgets
· Experience working in an Agile software development methodology
Adobe Experience Manager | Apache Sling | Apache Camel | Apache Karaf | OAUTH 2.0
Java is a language in evolution. There are a handful of language changes in Java 9 and 10 plus several JDK changes in 9, 10, 11, and 12. Some of these changes are significant in that they allow us to do things more effectively than before. The difference can be anywhere from reducing code to avoiding errors that come from verbosity. In this presentation we will explore the language changes first. Then we will visit the additions to the JDK. Along the way we will also look at a few things that have been removed from Java as well.
You’ve probably heard of MicroProfile, but how do you go from buzz to production? In this code-heavy, interactive presentation, we’ll describe how to use OpenTracing (http://opentracing.io/) with Jaeger (https://www.jaegertracing.io/) and annotations in MicroProfile and other Microservice architectures to reliably improve and deploy updated versions your applications to OpenShift and Kubernetes in the cloud. Topics include best practices for performance analysis, maintaining delivery pipelines using the Linux command line, plus tips on the best free OpenTracing tools and SDKs available on GitHub.
NOTE: This meeting is NOT on our normal "second-Thursday" schedule.